Wednesday 1 November 2017

My October

I had such a busy month last month. I was so busy doing things that it felt like I didn't have time to do anything, if that makes sense!

At the start of the month, Spring burst through with an enthusiasm that I couldn't help being overjoyed at. The leaves on the trees seemed to grow faster than I'd ever seen before. My fruit trees have ping-pong-ball-sized green globes on them already. My lawn is growing so fast that there are some new weeds that look like wheat in it. You know your lawn is neglected when there are cereal crops growing in it!

What I've Been Doing ....
Most of the month was taken up with preparing for my gallery exhibition. I should probably make a separate post, but it still feels too surreal so I will just post the photos I took on the opening night. I feel a bit silly because I forgot to take any photos of myself with the art, but it was just such a whirlwind of a night, and the gallery was extremely crowded with the 21 artists exhibiting and all of their guests. The art was amazing and I met some lovely people. The exhibition is open until Sunday 5th November so there's still time to check it out if you're in Melbourne.



What I've Been Playing ....
I started playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camper. It's a spinoff of the Animal Crossing games, which I never played because they were on a console I didn't have. Happy Camp is a mobile game, however, so I can play it on my iPad. You have a campsite which you decorate and add cosy furniture to. Meanwhile you suck up to adorable animal characters by giving them gifts and placing the things in your campsite that they demand. If all goes well, they visit your campsite and make sycophantic speeches about how great you are. It's extremely cute and I'm a little bit addicted to buying new outfits for my character.


What I've Been Watching ....
Yesterday I finally got Netflix. I got so sick of everyone talking about Stranger Things last year and even more sick of everyone talking about season two at the moment and having terrible Fear of Missing Out. (It wasn't just fear of missing out, I was missing out!) The last straw was when I saw Martina cosplaying as Barb on Instagram. I discussed it with Husband and we signed up. We're only up to episode 3 of season 1 so far, so no spoilers please!

What Else? ....
Earlier this month I started learning to play the ocarina, but progress was very slow because of everything else I was doing. Last weekend I went to PAX Melbourne, the computer game and tabletop game expo. I'll write separate posts about these things soon.

If you'd like to read about my Dias de Muertos altar for this year, you can check it out on my other blog.

Selections from Instagram ....





No comments:

Post a Comment