Monday 4 July 2016

My June

This June has been very cold, and I didn't feel like leaving the house much. In the last week of June especially, I felt a bit down and didn't do anything much creative or productive. However, there were several events I went to: movies with friends, an exhibition with my Mum, and a concert.
For some reason, this month I lost all motivation to play the games that I'd been obsessed with recently (except for Neko Atsume) and spent much more time on Instagram, and on YouTube watching videos on history, linguistics, craft tutorials etc.

What I've been cooking ...
One of the many advantages of Winter is all the cooking and baking that can comfortably be done. I'm fairly confident now that I can make biscuits without a recipe, but it's savoury meals that I've been experimenting with more. I started using the casserole dish that Husband gave me a few years ago, and I love it! I've made goulash, chicken and meatballs so far.


What I've been drawing ...
Since my Hobonichi half-year planner / art-journal arrived, I've been patiently waiting until the start of July when I can start using it properly. In the meantime, I did some drawings and paintings on some of the extra pages to give myself some practice. I really do need practice -- I keep smudging the watercolour and wetter pens before they're dry...




What I've been sorting ...
As I mentioned in this post, I've been working hard on Kon-Mari'ing my house. Most of the major categories are done, and I'm mainly down to the bits and bobs, the miscellaneous items called komono in Japanese. Also left to do are the things I need to do in tandem with Husband, such as garden tools and food.


What I've been reading ...
I've been suddenly motivated to spend time reading again, which is nice. I read Sense and Sensibility, and a catalogue from an exhibition I went to: Jan Senbergs: Imagination & Observation. I also finished some previously started books: The Autobiography of Jesse Harding Pomeroy and the Diggers' Club Garden Guide. Next I am looking at some of the 'chick lit' that my mother-in-law gave me. It's not within my normal reading habits, but I'm in the mood to try something different.


Selections from Instagram ...

Yes, I went to the Kyary Pamyu Pamyu concert in Melbourne! At Festival Hall, more popularly known as 'Festering Sore'. Photos weren't allowed, so I didn't take any, which was quite naive as about 90% of the patrons were recording the concert anyway. I did get several copies of the promo poster though, which I'll use in my art journals. The concert was incredible!


This photo is from the 200 Years of Australian Fashion exhibition which I saw with my
Mum. She doesn't visit the city very often, so it was a big occasion and thankfully the exhibition was lived up to the hype. I could only get a couple of sneaky photos in the first room when no-one was around.


Foot shot outside my friend's house....

No comments:

Post a Comment